In Florida, licensed mental health counselors, licensed marriage and family therapists and licensed clinical social workers are required to complete a master's degree in their field, and complete a two-year internship under the supervision of a licensed mental health therapist. At Florida Family Options, we have marriage and family therapy interns and mental health counselor interns, supervised by Dr. Tracy Mallett, who are available to see clients at a reduced rate.